Try these delicious Reuben Puffs made with Gary’s QuickSteak Corned Beef. Gary’s QuickSteak Corned Beef
Reuben Mac and Cheese
A great way to enjoy two favorites together! This Reuben Mac and Cheese is quick and easy with Gary’s QuickSteak Corned Beef.
Gary’s QuickSteak Corned Beef
Reuben Mac & Cheese
- 1 12 oz package Gary’s QuickSteak Corned Beef
- 1 16 oz package Cavatappi Pasta (you can substitute any pasta)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 C Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Caraway Seeds (optional)
- 1 C Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 8 Tbsp Butter
- 6 Tbsp Flour
- 6 C Whole Milk
- 8 slices Velveeta Cheese
- 2 C Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 C Sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Russian Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Place sauerkraut in colander to drain then wrap in 3 layers of paper towels. Remove all remaining liquid, set aside.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil, add pasta. Cook to al dente, stirring occasionally. Drain immediately and set aside.
- Prepare Gary's QuickSteak Corned Beef according to package directions in same container used for the pasta. Remove cooked corned beef from pot set aside with pasta.
- While corned beef is cooking, mix together panko crumbs, caraway seeds, salt and ½ cup Parmesan cheese.
- To same pot, add butter and melt. Remove 2 tbsp of melted butter and stir into the panko mixture.
- To the remaining melted butter, add flour and whisk until foamy and a light pale roux paste forms.
- Whisk in ¼ c milk and stir until roux is smooth. Gradually add remaining milk, whisking continually until the flour mixture is bubbly and thick.
- Turn off heat and stir in shredded cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese until melted together.
- Add pasta, corned beef, and sauerkraut to cheese mixture and gently stir ingredients.
- Transfer to 9” x 13” baking dish. Cut Velveeta cheese into quarters, place squares on top of pasta mixture, then cover all with panko topping.
- Bake until cheese is bubbling and panko is browned, 15-20 minutes. Serve with Russian dressing.