Made with Gary’s QuickSteak Chicken, this low-carb wrap is a healthy way to start your
Chicken Cavatappi with Spinach
Try this delicious chicken dish using Gary’s QuickSteak Chicken Breast!
Gary’s QuickSteak Chicken Breast
Chicken with Cavatappi Noodles and Spinach
- 1 12 oz. Package Gary’s QuickSteak Chicken
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Canola or Avocado Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion – medium (white or yellow, diced)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (finely diced)
- 1/3 C White Wine (may substitute Chicken broth)
- 1 jar 9 oz. Sun Dried Tomatoes (cut in strips, drained)
- 1/4 C Flour
- 2 C Chicken Broth
- 3 C Milk – full fat (divided)
- 2 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 8 oz Cavatappi Noodles
- 5 oz Baby Spinach leaves
- 1 C Parmesan Cheese (fresh grated)
- 6 oz Velveeta Cheese (cubed)
- 1/2 C Gruyere Cheese (shredded)
- Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- Drain oil from sun dried tomatoes and set aside tomatoes in a small bowl, discard all but two Tbsp. oil.
- In a large skillet prepare Gary’s QuickSteak Chicken according to package directions, when meat is completely cooked add smoked paprika and stir.
- Remove chicken from pan and place on warm plate, cover to keep warm, set aside.
- In same skillet heat the butter and 1 Tbsp oil until the butter is melted.
- Add the onion and garlic saute until the onion becomes transparent, add white wine/broth if used, and simmer 5 minutes, or until reduced down.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, 2 tbsp reserved oil into skillet, cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add flour and stir to combine with onion and tomatoes, slowly stir in chicken broth, then add 2-1/2 cups milk, herbs de province, salt, pepper to taste.
- Bring to slow simmer, add dry cavatappi noodles, mix in and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium low and stir occasionally as sauce thickens and noodles cook. (10-12 minutes)
- When noodles are al dente, tender but still firm, add spinach and stir through until wilted.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in all of cheeses, add remaining ½ cup milk, stir and then add chicken, with any juices on the plate.
- Mix gently until warmed through and combined.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.