Chicken & Spinach Puffs
This Chicken & Spinach Puffs recipe is made using Gary’s QuickSteak Chicken Breast!
Chicken Spinach Puffs
- 1 12 oz. package QuickSteak Chicken
- 1 10 oz. package Chopped Spinach, thawed
- 1/2 C Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 C green onions, with green tops, sliced and chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley, fine chopped
- 2 Tbsp Ranch Seasoning Package Mix
- 1 clove Garlic, pressed or fine chopped
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs, separated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 to 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed (keep cold)
- Place thawed spinach on three layers of paper towels top and bottom. Place in strainer and press out all of the liquid. Remove paper towels. Wrap in additional paper towels and set aside.
- Prepare QuickSteak Chicken according to package directions. While chicken cooks sprinkle with Ranch Seasoning. Stir together.
- Place spinach, chopped green onions, feta cheese, pressed garlic and seasoned chicken into a large bowl. Salt and pepper to taste, and gently mix together.
- Beat one of the eggs and fold it into chicken and spinach mixture.
- Roll out defrosted pastry dough on a floured surface and cut into squares to fit muffin tins.
- Place each square into muffin tins, fit pastry into tin, and leave corners of the dough hanging over the edge. Spoon in filling, and fold corners of the dough over the filling and pinch together in middle.
- Beat remaining egg with one tbsp water and brush tops.
- Bake at 400˚ F until pastry is golden and puffed, approximately 20 minutes
- Run a knife around edges of the tins to loosen, and place on a rack to cool. Serve while warm.