Carne en su Jugo
This Carne en su Jugo is made using Gary’s QuickSteak Sirloin!
Carne En Su Jugo
- 1 12 oz package Gary’s QuickSteak Sirloin Beef
- 1 pkg Wow! Seasoning (included with Gary’s QuickSteak)
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 6 slices Bacon, cut in 2” pieces
- 3-4 Tomatillos, husks removed, quartered
- 2-3 Serrano chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 large clove Garlic, crushed
- 1/2 C Water
- 3 C Beef Broth
- 2 cans Pinto Beans (15.5 ounce)
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 6 Tbsp chopped Cilantro
- 1 Lime, cut into wedges
- Combine the serrano peppers, crushed garlic, tomatillos, and water in a small saucepan over high heat to bring to a boil. Cover and lower heat to medium-medium low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to cool. Pour the boiled contents into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a large, heavy 3-quart stockpot until crisp--about 10 minutes. Remove and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Pour all but one tbsp bacon grease from pot into a heatproof container.
- Place QuickSteak Sirloin beef into stockpot. Sauté until meat begins to steam on the top and turn meat over and break apart with spatula. Add Wow! Seasoning and black pepper.
- Pour the tomatillo mixture over the cooked beef and seasonings. Stir together and bring to a boil.
- Add beef broth and 2 cans of pinto beans into the beef mixture. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and bring to a simmer.
- When heated through, stir cooked bacon into the beef mixture and then add to bowls. Garnish each bowl with cilantro, diced onion, and a lime wedge.