Looking for a way to enjoy a cheesesteak without the bun? Cheesesteak stuffed peppers are a great low-carb meal option for people with dietary restrictions who still want to enjoy this classic dish without sacrificing any of the flavor!
This recipe is more commonly known for featuring philly-style steak, however Gary’s QuickSteak chicken breast meat would also be a great substitute in this recipe for a leaner meat option.
Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 1 pkg Gary's QuickSteak Sirloin Steak (12 oz)
- 2 green peppers, large
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 c white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp WOW! Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut and half green peppers. Cut around inside to remove the top, membrane, and all seeds. Place in large baking dish and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Preheat large skillet on medium heat.
- Slice mushrooms into small pieces and set aside.
- Place Gary's QuickSteak sirloin (frozen) into skillet and cook for approximately one minute, or until the top begins to thaw. Flip steak over, allowing the other side to cook for the same amount of time. Using your spatula, begin pulling apart the meat and continuing to cook. Add WOW! Seasoning and mushrooms and continue to cook until both are fully cooked.
- Pull green peppers out of oven and place one slice of provolone cheese in each. Be careful! The dish will be hot. Place steak and mushroom mixture into each of the peppers, and cover with another slice of provolone cheese. Put dish back in oven.
- Continue to cook until the cheese is melted. Remove from oven, plate, and enjoy!
- You may add 1 c onion to this recipe, if desired. It was eliminated here to keep it low carb.
- Provolone may be substituted for low fat, low moisture, shredded mozzarella.
What about the WOW? WOW! Seasoning is included on the packages of Gary’s QuickSteak Sirloin Steak, however you can also buy it as a stand alone to season whatever you’d like! Find online, or locate a grocer near you.